Information Concerning the Job Offer
Deadline to apply: October 16th 2023 at 9:00 am
Starting date: November or December (flexible)
Hybrid position: Office space in Montreal/Tiohtià:ke + occasional remote work
Permanent contract: 25 to 35 hours per week
Location: Office space available in Montreal/Tiohtià:ke (telework possible)
Salary: Based on experience and the Machinery’s salary scale
Other benefits: Working conditions policy presented to pre-selected candidates
Why Work at the Machinery?
Working at the Machinery means:
→ helping a community of over 2000 performing arts practitioners and meeting arts professionals from a variety of backgrounds, disciplines, profiles and career levels;
→ being part of a small team passionate about arts management and devoted to the cultural milieu;
→ improving your skills in arts management through advisory services, pedagogical activities and other opportunities;
→ contributing to the consolidation and dissemination of the artistic aspirations of creators from all over the province;
→ reflecting and exchanging on the best management practices to nurture beneficial developments in the sector.
In collaboration with the general direction and the other members of the teams, the advisor is responsible for the following tasks:
- Support artists and cultural workers with their strategic development and the administrative management of their activities;
- Offer personalized support according to their skills pertaining to: the creation and production of artistic projects and/or strategic development and/or presentation and dissemination and/or organizational management and/or administration and accounting and/or funding;
- Lead meetings and workshops with members from our community to advise them through their structural development;
- Attend pedagogical activities to stay in tune with the needs of the milieu and share their expertise (360 Clinics, Workshops, Café-Causeries…);
- Contribute to the creation of new work tools and the upkeep of existing ones;
- Develop informative resources about the basics of management;
- Be part of collective exchanges about the strategic orientations of the organization (its structure, its services…).
Description of the required profile
The advisor is a professional, versatile, proactive and structured person with an ability for creative problem solving, who is able to maintain good professional relationships with people from a variety of artistic sectors.
They also meet the following requirements:
- Studies in arts management, arts administration or project management (Specialized Graduate Diploma or Undergraduate studies) and/or a minimum of 5 years’ experience in an arts management position;
- Previous advisory experience with artists, an asset;
- Interest for an organization working in English and French.
- Good digital literacy (Proficiency with the Google Suite and Airtable or good learning capabilities);
- Full adherence to the Machinery’s commitment to inclusion and accessibility;
- Motivation to work in the performing arts sector in an innovative cultural organization;
Interested candidates must send their resume along with a letter of intent specifying their skills and expertise to Tau S. Bui (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Monday October 16th, 2023 at 9:00 am. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Hiring policy: The Machinery recognizes that professional skills can be acquired through academic training, practical experience, or a mix of both. Thus, the Machinerie will equally assess applicants with atypical career paths, whether they be self-taught or academically trained. The Machinery will use principles of complementarity to guide its hiring decisions in accordance with the current team’s strengths and the needs of the organization.